MemberlistMemberlist

UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

Scout's sabbattical

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Scout

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Scout's sabbattical Reply with quote

In case you guys haven't noticed, I haven't been playing much winbolo in recent weeks. That's because I have decided to take a very long break from the game. Perhaps the duration of the school year. I got a new job and I want to focus on it and playing hours of winbolo won't allow me to do that. I may sneak back in december for a few games or whatever, but for the most part I'm done for a while.

I originally wasn't going to give this "press release", although some of you are probably thrilled that I won't be playing much. The reason I did was because I thought it would be funny if I left by making a stunning revealation about the way I play. Some of you might have been able to notice, some of you might not have noticed, but nobody has said anything to me about it. It's the reason I play the way I do and can't play any better:

I play with the default key setup! Smile

see you guys in a few months
~suicide~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hope to see you soon, I'll be coming back soon, so close to getting my rig Wink Hope you don't suck it up when you come back, I know I will Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah! default keys! w00t! i play with defauly keys, and id be alot better if min would make that borg for me that makes it so 9 is accelerate and 0 is brake, along witht he original keys... then ill be a pimp! Very Happy
Jay the Speeding Ray

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play with keys that are even worse than the default ones!woohoo!!! Laughing
Acro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa......MS...wtf? If you're a solid player with the terrible default keys, why don't you switch to the better setup and totally kick everyone's ass? You're holding back!

Just let me know before you switch so i can get some life insurance. Very Happy
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh. im good and id be able to beat haha more often if my keys were better... but its just so weird.... i remember one day acro encouraged me to try and it was a 2v2 with ud on my team, and i played like a fucking drunxin salior
Nova

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q-mandabomb wrote:
heh. im good and id be able to beat haha more often if my keys were better... but its just so weird.... i remember one day acro encouraged me to try and it was a 2v2 with ud on my team, and i played like a fucking drunxin salior

Apparently your vast experience impersonating a drunken speller didn't pay off.
Mad Scout

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acro wrote:
Whoa......MS...wtf? If you're a solid player with the terrible default keys, why don't you switch to the better setup and totally kick everyone's ass? You're holding back!

Just let me know before you switch so i can get some life insurance. Very Happy

I didn't feel like going through the long painful adjustment period. It would be a long several weeks or even months to get it right. Although I know in the long run I'd play much better, I just wanted to have fun and play.

When and if I come back, I'll start right away with a better key setup and go through the adjustment period then, since playing again after playing for many many months would require an adjustment period anyway.

I never told anyone that I used the default key setup before because then they would consider that a weakness, and play right to my known weakness. Next time I won't have that weakness anymore though Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: