MemberlistMemberlist

UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

Irc: Sheepbot Game rating feature?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Irc: Sheepbot Game rating feature? Reply with quote

I've got an idea, so that people don't have to go to all the pain off going back to winbolo.net to rate their games, they can say soemthing like:

Sheepbot game [rating] mapname and then sheepbot automatically goes and picks the first, closest match in the archived logs out, and rates it accordingly. Though I'm not sure this would work account wise, perhaps everything could be done under a special "gamerater" account with different numbers for the number of people that want to rate that game from IRC, that way more then one person can rate it, instead of just comment, and it would look something like this:

GameRater#(x) Q-Man[DB]: This game was really laggy.

or something to that effect, and then when logviewer comes out we can link logviewer to winbolo.net, and people can download any game they want to watch and then rate it afterwards based on what they saw. This would be kind of complicated, but it would work. I'm going to go watch AFV now. Bye! Hope you can add this sheepsy!
sheeps

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first impression is that this would create too big a "loophole" for the same person to 'boost ratings' or create massive posts.
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point....hmm....i was also worried about fake "gameraters" popping up, but i figured you could get around that by linking them automatically to your account (once that feature is implemented) ... but yes people might abuse it and rate twice or soemthing..... perhaps sheepbot could record the ip of the person who rates that game, so they can't rate it again?

maybe its not even worth it.... it could just get really complicated sheeps.... so nvm..... i just thought'd be easier for people. 'cause no one wants to go back to wbn after they play the game and take the time to rate it.

maybe elvis himself could make it as a site implement???

peace
Elvis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each WBN player can only rate each game once, but post multiple comments. But how would the IRC bot know which WBN player made the comments as it will not be logged in as the player?
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey it was just an idea ya don't have to shoot me down.... i guess if we wanted it really possible u could make it so people's ip's show up on wbn.......

oh never mind STUPID IDEA.
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....yeah i thought the thing was to rate the game if you had played it.... but after reading the footnote on the site updates it says its for when logviewer is out. cheers.
sheeps

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideas are meant to be posted. We are just tossing out some techinical issues that need to be considered. It's still a good idea, just might be too much of an effort to get something that works well.
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, sheepsy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: