MemberlistMemberlist

UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

Ranking Avatar Idea

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Ranking Avatar Idea Reply with quote

I have a super cool idea of how we could have avatars (even though we don't exactly get to chose what they look like) and our rankings displayed quickly and at the glance of an eye, and using it you can determine a player's status, strategy type, ect. Okay, so once account linking is in, then what WBN can automatically do is total up all your stats (system to prevent stat padding should be be on maximum alert first Wink ) and then based upon those rankings, award a different coloured bolo item (pillbox, base, lgm, tank, ect.) for how good that stat is. For example, let's say joe schmoe gets lots of pillboxes, he can get a superior coloured pillbox (red, gold ect.) by his name on the forums (where an avatar would go) to signify that, along with all his other little stat images, what kind of player he is (yellow tank, cuz he doesnt kill many tanks, ect). This would also be seen on your profile. I'm not exactly sure what numbers and rankings would go with what colors, or rather; which colours are more superiour, and how much of this stat do people have to get to get this colour of this item? ect.

Although I have worked out that there would be different coloured:

BASES (bases taken)

PILLBOXES (pillboxes captured/stolen from others)

LGMS (shot) (lost) (not sure on shot to lost ratio)

TANKS (killed someone else) (died) (not sure of ratio, but this is to prevent people from doing nothing but dueling on a map like tix-tox pillbox)

Not sure of these ones (ideas?);

OPENS PLAYED (how many)

STRICTS PLAYED (how many)

TOURNEYS PLAYED (duh)

(i guess using these you could wager what type of game this player likes)

and finally:

STRICT RANKING

TOURNEY RANKING

(not sure of those two though, because some people pad their stats, and some people don't care about rankings, and just wanna get a jist of what type of player theyre looking at)

Perhaps It should go like karate colours with black being the best and white being the weakest? Of course we might have to reset stats so everyone gets a fair start at it first.

Ideas? Suggestions for Ranking (Numerical) ideas for color/ how much of a stat number coordination ect.

And This would be displayed under a player's name where an avatar would go, and be displayed in a row of four (pills, bases, lgms, tanks) and a row of another 3, but not sure about another row of two for rankings, but it just might be MORE handy then the number of different game types played, but ill just have to see!

peaxce

Q
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should also have some symbol to show seniority. (i.e. How long they have been signed up with WinBolo).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, it would go something like this for each item, depending on a how many you take to how many is taken from you ratio. (rather than using stats on a player's page, as anyone can kill lots of tanks, but how many times did they die in the process)

ok: (note: all of these would be an average for ALL the games you play)

White : if you lose more of these than you gain, you get a white
Gold : Get 1, lose 1
Yellow : 2-1
Orange : 3-1
Blue : 4-1
Green : 5-1
Purple : 6-1
Brown : 7-1
Black : 8-1 And anywhere above.

I will post this, but it may be edited later to fix ratios after I test it against some game logs.

Last edited by Q-mandabomb on Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i've edited the above post and made changes, including this: if you snipe and lgm, to lose your lgm snipe point, someone else must snipe yours. doesnt count if you lose it yourself.
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I post the grahpics I made, or is it not even worth my time?

.... I thought this one was a really good idea Crying or Very sad Embarassed
Elvis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of ranking avatars has come up a few times. The current thoughts are that we would give out "WinBolo Supporter" avatars. These would be for thoes people that have registered WinBolo and/or donated to WBNs costs. This will be to give recognition to the people that are helping the WinBolo community.

The avatars would not be just shown on the forums but also shown on the players profile page etc.

In answer to Madd Maxxs suggestion of showing how long the have been signed up for, that information can be gathered by looking at Joined date which is displayed next to the posters name.

Like most things this will happen "one day".
alexm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone actually AGREED w/ Madd Maxx?!?!?!?!? Shocked
But I agree with you Q, that would be cool! Cool

#!/usr/bin/perl
@a=(Lbzjoftt,Inqbujfodf,Hvcsjt); $b="Lbssz Wbmm"
;$b =~ y/b-z/a-z/ ; $c =" Tif ". @a ." hsfbu wj"
."suvft pg b qsphsbnnfs". ":\n";$c =~y/b-y/a-z/;
print"\n\n$c ";for($i=0;$i<@a; $i++) { $a[$i] =~
y/b-y/a-z/;if($a[$i]eq$a[-1]){print"and $a[$i]."
;}else{ print"$a[$i], ";}}print"\n\t\t--$b\n\n";
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, yes, I know that Elvis, but if we implemented this, we could just have some sort of number/colour to represent it (i.e. the number of days they have been signed up)INSTEAD of using a line of text.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
The idea of ranking avatars has come up a few times. The current thoughts are that we would give out "WinBolo Supporter" avatars. These would be for thoes people that have registered WinBolo and/or donated to WBNs costs. This will be to give recognition to the people that are helping the WinBolo community.

The avatars would not be just shown on the forums but also shown on the players profile page etc.

In answer to Madd Maxxs suggestion of showing how long the have been signed up for, that information can be gathered by looking at Joined date which is displayed next to the posters name.

Like most things this will happen "one day".

yeah... one day.... like the gamesetup thing and winbolo 3d borg... itll all come together one day... Wink

I'm gonna donate If we get it for donating! Ok if I send canadian money elvis? never mind ill check the pay pal thing.... Rolling Eyes Razz Cool
Nemokrad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madd Maxx wrote:
lol, yes, I know that Elvis, but if we implemented this, we could just have some sort of number/colour to represent it (i.e. the number of days they have been signed up)INSTEAD of using a line of text.

That isn't a very good representation of seniority since half of us were around before winbolo.net was created and we all signed up on the same night it was released.

On another note I vote for emoticons to be removed from the forums... PLEASE!
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, how dare you insult me, the SMILEY KING!!!! mMUAAHHAHAHA

Very Happy Wink Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Embarassed Razz Laughing Laughing Confused Cool Surprised Very Happy Shocked Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: