UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

Complainers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellscream

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Complainers Reply with quote

http://www.winbolo.net/gamelog.php?mode=logfile&key=3aea2af47c145ba41b7982fd968e36de

A lot of you noobs (esp Eryan) complain about every little thing in the game when you lose. With eryan he will say you got ur lgm back really quickly....and say thats unfair.....completely forgetting that he benefitted from quick lgm spawns in the same game and the opponent had some long lgm spawns.

I have other examples of eryan too consistently implying that it is unfair blah blah.....

I have had enough of this BS. Either accept there is an element of luck in this game that can seem unfair at times....or dont play. I've tolerated eryans lag and his incessant "unfair" speeches in many games....and I finally got fed up in this game.

I was all ready to give him a talk on what he did wrong in that game (the pill set up south east)...but he just quits after i tell him to shut his whining.

He seems to think i get my lgm back all the time really quickly when its a crucial moment. If you watch the log you will realise that I had a long lgm spawn in a crucial moment early in the game....and eryan had some quick ones.

It all comes down to how you make use of the luck and mitigate the bad luck....with strategy.

Complaining in this game and leaving in a huff will get you nowhere.
Nemokrad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"How long was that" could have been referring to how long he held you off that game considering the differences in skill levels. But even if he was referring to your lgm respawn, he made one comment at the end of the game so I'm not sure why you are blowing up over it. He didn't quit early either. I see no cause for complaint here, considering some of the other shit I've seen people say. You have a VERY short fuse hell, if anything I think you should just relax.
LuCkY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The element of luck.. this is true.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hellscream

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Nemo, I know exactly what he was getting at....I've played multiple 1v1's with him and I don't save them unfortunately...but maybe I should have.....

The only reason eryan will pipe up in any strict in 1v1 is to either complain about an lgm spawn or his lag affecting something he's doing or a snipe he supposedly missed. He's the only noob player that I know that complains about the so-called unfairness of the game regularly....that too often in a fashion that implies it only ever helps the good players and only ever hurts the not so good ones.

You're making this sound like I'm blowing up about this one game on a seeming innocuous comment. Eryan and I have played numerous 1x1s and it has been an issue that I have noticed with him that he complains. I've tried time and time again to say "lgm spawns are all random and we sometimes get lucky...and its spread around". As patient as I can be. But there comes a point where it gets annoying and seriously gets in the way of a player getting better and enjoying the game. Heck I remember a jonny game just a few days earlier....where he complained nearly 6 times about my lgm spawns....

Maybe if you 1v1 him Nemo as much, you would understand. Till then....I am expecting for him to comment. Oh, and he can also clear up to you what he meant by "how long was that". He has used those EXACT same words in multiple games, multiple times....and never before has he used them for a different context. So precedence would strongly suggest he meant them again the same way.

I make my comments on the basis of dozens of games with him and post game interactions and conversations. Not just one or two.

It just gets plain annoying after a while.
LuCkY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still feel that the lgms spawns need to be fixed, sometimes its a bit much when ur looseing, u kill your rivals lgm and there lgm spawns back literarllky 5 seconds later.. you loose ur lgm and i takes 1-3 mins.. its not just luck sometimes its bullshit
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LuCkY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the fuck!! notice catosa's lgm spawns, 4/5 of his lgms deaths came back in less than 20 seconds.

times:
his lgm killed: 17:28 - Respawn: 18:18
his lgm killed: 19:58 - Respawn: 20:15
his lgm killed: 20:34 - Respawn: 20:43
his lgm killed: 22:34 - Respawn: 22:49
his lgm killed: 23:48 - Respawn: 24:02

I mean Really???????? four times????

Here is my lgm respawn times:
My lgm killed: 14:54 - Respawn: 15:45
My lgm killed: 18:21 - Respawn: 19:07
My lgm killed: 22:32 - Respawn: 23:18

Umm you see the pattern here??//

Here is the log link below; watch it yourself:

http://www.winbolo.net/gamelog.php?key=1976ebc7cb7c6acbb3ad602fee3e99e4

I say this needs to be fixed* otherwise the game is rigged.
ReBorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we've all done that. I know I've seen you complain after the fact too, Hellscream.

As far as quick respawns, yeah, it's pretty obvious some people are cheating somehow, not only with respawns but with speed, LAG, etc. Laughing

But who cares? Just keep playing.
Cool_Fool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In jhood's case, the game always gives him a fast respawn in order to mitigate his complete lack of skill. It never seems to help though...

CF
Min

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuCkY wrote:
I say this needs to be fixed* otherwise the game is rigged.

There is a very simple solution. This solution has been developed by all of the good players. See its simple, lgm respawns are random, so are tank respawns. They take -time-. So in order to prevent this randomness from having an actual effect on your playing, all you have to do is follow a simple formula.

Don't die and don't let your lgm die.

Its a perfectly valid way of dealing with this supposed problem. LGM spawns are the same as tank spawns, and just like tank spawns, sometimes you end up starting in one corner a bunch of times in a row. Solution is simple, don't die, don't lose your lgm.

Don't let the randomness determine your skill level at this game.

Or you can keep throwing your lgm around, letting him get blown up, and then bitch when the cards dealt to you suck.

Min
$$$$

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously lucky, crying about dates lucky spawns will get you know where, especaily on CT3 the game is not rigged and if it is so be it, dates catosa boro cat or whatever the fuck you wanna call him sucks anyway...he can get corner spawns all day and ill take his pills within the 15 second respawn because hes garbage...nuff said
ErYan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$$$$ wrote:
seriously lucky, crying about dates lucky spawns will get you know where, especaily on CT3 the game is not rigged and if it is so be it, dates catosa boro cat or whatever the fuck you wanna call him sucks anyway...he can get corner spawns all day and ill take his pills within the 15 second respawn because hes garbage...nuff said

The problem is it takes me 16 seconds to kill his shit.

I shouldn't complain, it is my problem, let me try to deal with it.

Question: is the velocity of all parachutes equal? Does a parachute slow down over different terrain? Does the game engine have any issues maintaining equal velocity based on direction? I.e. Is each square actually a square and does the time to move diagonally across the square maintain a strict ratio with the time to move east - west based on almost exact trigonometric values?
$$$$

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no parachutes move the same always.....stop looking for excuses
ErYan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$$$$ wrote:
no parachutes move the same always.....stop looking for excuses

You clearly don't understand the question or know the answer because I have seen logs in contrary to what you said.
jhood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Question: is the velocity of all parachutes equal?

According to the code, all LGM parachutes fly in at the same speed as a tank driving across river/swamp/crater/rubble. [tank speeds are listed on this page]

Quote:
Does a parachute slow down over different terrain?

Not according to the code, and I'm not sure if a speed hack (or anything else) can manipulate this.

Quote:
Does the game engine have any issues maintaining equal velocity based on direction?

Objects traveling NNE, NSE, SSE, SSW, ect, (which I call "compounded directions" - no idea what normal/smart people call them) might appear to move faster but I have no real evidence of it. Regardless, the difference (if it actually exists) is so minimal that nobody would actually exploit it.
Cool_Fool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhood wrote:
Objects traveling NNE, NSE, SSE, SSW, ect, might appear to move faster but I have no real evidence of it.

The difference is so minimal that nobody would actually exploit it.

In Jhood's case, he will typically lose 20 to 25 LGMs over the course of a 10 minute game (this is assuming his ally is good enough to keep the team afloat that long), so for him the extra speed would add up over time.

Not enough for him to actually win, though. Never that.

I do remember one time I saw his chute scooting along in a "NSE" direction. Totally amazing thing to see. And it did seem like it was moving a little faster than usual.

CF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: