ProfileProfile

Community

Chaps is banned
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellscream

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

just thought id post a log of gb (recently) jumping the go and prefarming:

http://winbolo.net/gamelog.php?mode=logfile&key=61e3c5ba7634527dfc2ea9ddf29e9c01

He also experiences some of the worst lag at the end that I've seen in a log.
Min

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the massive lag he had, and because he was the one who sent the call. I believe he didn't jump go in that game. The amount that was jump would have been about equal to the amount of lag he was experiencing

Min
ErYan

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which brings me back to the time that I was told not to jump go - I believe it was lag.
ColdFinger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Chaps is Human not god so makes mistakes like anyone else. Reply with quote

Chaps is a veteran player that takes time to help others in game to help them improve. The character he displays in games shouldn't go unnoticed. I think he's been around long enough to know the rules and the day he would be intentionally messing up stricts would prolly be the day pigs fly. It just seems like theres more to the story and may be a personal gripe somewhere. I wouldn't even think twice about switching places with him because I seen him help players with common bolo basics. He played many games with Nooblet and I trying toincrease our skill level among many other players. Honestly I don't see the veteran players helping out noobs or anyone else like Chaps has done. I think the the players should vote on a unban and seems lie the fairest thing to do. Im sure most of the players on winbolo.net would speak on glowing terms on his behalf. and @ Chaps I want to say thank you for all the time you took to help me improve my level of play since no one else showed the courtesy you did to offer help to the new players and noobs.
Min

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to read the first page again, I'll summarize it. Chaps was banned, me and chaps talked. Chaps was unbanned. Your opinion is irrelevant.

Min
Jason#8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah blah lag blah blah grandpa blah blah min blah blah ZERO TOLERANCE.

Min runs his bot the way he feels it should be run. I run mine the way I feel it should be run. Nemo runs his the way he feels it should be run. There is no charge to use any of the bots here. If I want to ban you from JustABot for being a Mac-loving idiot, I can do it. And you know what? You can go right ahead and make your own bot and ban me back. The bots that are run here are not free. People put their hard-earned money down to rent the servers so you guys can keep playing.

Say thank you instead of bitching about how the bots are being run.
F.U.B.A.R.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAM!

well said Jason.
Mac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Can't believe in 2010 Reply with quote

Can't believe that this type of ban still happened even 2 years ago to veteran/senior players like chaps. Really sad, and a sorry abuse of power. I think if you look back Min has probably banned most of the best and top winbolo players at one time or another. It is really insulting to real players and is probably part of the reason why there aren't as many around. The game is still the same, one of the best strategy games of all time, its really the drama and bullshit that drove people away.

It is lame that you still you have to join a game and lock quickly to try and keep noobs or other out from ruining the game. What is really needed is command for the first player joining a game to autolock the game and also boot other players before the first base is taken in a locked game. After the first base is taken in a locked game no players could then be booted from the game.

Anyway, so sad that Chaps got banned for even a minute, its so against what the bolo spirit is about..
Min

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't believe in 2010 Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
I think if you look back Min has probably banned most of the best and top winbolo players at one time or another. It is really insulting to real players and is probably part of the reason why there aren't as many around.

Blah blah blah..... really? your still on this even after what? 10 years? Ok, let me spell it out for you. I used to ban people from the irc chat room for being assholes to people... especially new players. This included you, edawg, etc. You really liked to snivel about it. Bitched and complained about it plenty. I even banned mel and phil once becuase they purposely tried to ruin a IBL matchup that was in progress. No regrets.

These days, I only ban people from -my server- that I -pay for- .... if you don't like me banning people from my own equipment. Feel free to buy your own game server, and let people do whatever they want on it.

You want to talk about driving people away? you know what drove people away? -Bitching- did ... you know like the hours and hours of hell you gave me becuase you thought no good player should ever be banned even if they treated new players like shit and chased them away (which regularly happened and has happened plenty since). You know what else drove people away? passwording the servers so that no new players could join... guess what else did? bugs, huge amounts of bugs .... -way more- than 1.08 ever had. Oh yes, and hacking, tons and tons of hacking. Of course there was the morons ruining games every night also(like diabolo is doing now). All the veterans treating new players like complete and utter dirt. etc.

Don't try to place global blame on me banning a few people back in 2002 when you used to play. People don't follow the rules on my equipment, I remove them. Simple. Doesn't matter who they are or how awesome they are, if they insist on screwing up games for everyone else, I will remove their ability to play so that people can get in good games still.

Feel free to code all the player kicking abilities you want, the code has been open-source for a number of years now. If you don't like it ... Fix it yourself. I have submitted numerous bug fixes and code updates. What have you contributed other than your bitching? fuck all .... and I'm sorry, bitching and complaining about something that happened 2 years ago (banning chaps for like 8 hours from my server) becuase you have an old beef with me is not necessary, its definitely not contributing anything positive towards this community. Its just bitching. But I guess that's what you always did best.

Feel free to stick around, mentor some of the new players, teach people how to actually play... and be a positive influence on community growth .... or play for a month, go away, come back, bitch about me some more. Moan about how there isn't any 'good' players left. Rinse Wash Repeat .... like you've been doing for the last 10 years.

Min
jhood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What is really needed is command for the first player joining a game to autolock the game and also boot other players before the first base is taken in a locked game.

That's called "single player mode" and Elvis coded it back in '98.

Gentle mockery aside, I did write a server kick function called serverNetKickPlayer() which enables kicking in-game players from IRC, but we've had trouble getting the minbot/paniqbot (I forget which one we're using) to interact with screen in a way that works.

And for anyone actually interested: eggdrop launches screen easily enough, but I don't know how to save the screen session as a variable to call it when user commands are issued in IRC. Session names seem kinda random. Anyone have suggestions?
Cool_Fool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhood wrote:
I did write a server kick function called serverNetKickPlayer.

Ironic that the first player-specific banning technology should be developed by Winbolo's most ban-worthy player.

CF
ErYan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhood wrote:
Quote:
What is really needed is command for the first player joining a game to autolock the game and also boot other players before the first base is taken in a locked game.

That's called "single player mode" and Elvis coded it back in '98.

Gentle mockery aside, I did write a server kick function called serverNetKickPlayer() which enables kicking in-game players from IRC, but we've had trouble getting the minbot/paniqbot (I forget which one we're using) to interact with screen in a way that works.

And for anyone actually interested: eggdrop launches screen easily enough, but I don't know how to save the screen session as a variable to call it when user commands are issued in IRC. Session names seem kinda random. Anyone have suggestions?

What about giving the first person in the game the option to allow or disallow players into the game?

This stops people joining stricts that have started
AND
The problem above.

BUT you do realise this will create even more problems....."I don't like you so you're not joining MY game....."

Unfortunately the main problem with WinBolo isn't WinBolo.
hellscream

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Quote:
BUT you do realise this will create even more problems....."I don't like you so you're not joining MY game....."

How is this a problem?
stimpy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

hellscream wrote:

How is this a problem?

Spintega

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: JUSTICE! Reply with quote

Keep this fuck banned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: