MemberlistMemberlist

UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

First Time Players

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elvis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: First Time Players Reply with quote

Canuck has written some excellent information for first time players here:

http://www.winbolo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4
Ess-K

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:24 am    Post subject: Score Updates Reply with quote

I'm not so much new to WinBolo but something that has had me confused since I started playing again is how the score updates work on your profile. I have played in several 1on1 tournaments and won but it doesn't seem to count on my profile as a win.

What exactly do you have to do for the game to consider you to have won, any answers would be much appreciated as I'm good and want to shine Twisted Evil

Ess-K
sheeps

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Score Updates Reply with quote

Ess-K wrote:
What exactly do you have to do for the game to consider you to have won, any answers would be much appreciated as I'm good and want to shine Twisted Evil

Ess-K

Were you able to look at the link in the post above? You need to make sure you setup your winbolo client to log into winbolo.net. You will know that you are logged in when you see a "*" next to your nick in a game.
Ess-K

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Score Logging Reply with quote

I was logged in as a WinBolo player, and I don't think it would update other scores such as games played played, pillbox captures etc. if I wasn't.

Does it consider you to have won a gamewhen you collect all the cannons and pillboxes or am I going in completely the wrong direction with this?

Ess-K
Elvis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ess-k, welcome to WinBolo.

For your WinBolo.net profile statistics to be updated you need to be logged into your WinBolo.net account when playing. You will see a star next to your name if you are indeed logged in. For your score and rank to be updated your opponent must also be logged in. Looking at your Player Profile page it would appear that you have played atleast one ranked game as well as other nonranking games.

There are other rules which must be met for a game to be considered a ranked game. These are available in section 4 of the Help Guide.
sheeps

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Score Logging Reply with quote

Ess-K wrote:
Does it consider you to have won a gamewhen you collect all the cannons and pillboxes or am I going in completely the wrong direction with this?

Also for ranking, you 'win' the game by taking all the bases, which will almost always close the game. Technically, taking all the pillboxes does not count for winning, but it usually helps. Smile Not sure if you were calling the bases "cannons" or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: