MemberlistMemberlist

UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

Numbers vs. Bars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nova

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Numbers vs. Bars Reply with quote

I'm not sure where to post this, so deal with it if you've got a problem with it.

Instead of having green bars to represent our ammo, mines, armor and trees, could we possibly have numbers? The reason I was thinking of this is because it's often quite hard to tell exactly how many bullets you have. Sometimes, if your guess is off, you could end up with too many or too few bullets.
If this is the stupidest idea ever to pass under your eyes, I apologize, but I thought I'd post this anyways.
Suicide Jockey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how can you have to many bullets? other then that its a good idea.....it could prolly be programmed in a little brain window, or maybe elvis can make it part of a skin option?
Min

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not having an exact number for resources introduces this thing that called "skill" ..... us old folk used to count the bullets we shot ... why do you young pups think you need numbers?

Min
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Min wrote:
not having an exact number for resources introduces this thing that called "skill" ..... us old folk used to count the bullets we shot ... why do you young pups think you need numbers?

Min

lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nova

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having too many bullets can hurt in strict our tournament games where you're trying to conserve resources. If you're just trying to take out a pill, you might want just a little more than necessary for the job, but too much can hurt your bases.

As for counting your bullets, what happens if you forget? The consequences wouldn't be too drastic, true, but it'd still be nice to be able to tell with just a small glance.
Suicide Jockey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more you play and the better you can judge your bars....and too many bullets....pfff, conservation.....pffff, if your good the games over before your bases are empty.....learn not to rape one base of its resources...if you suck it doesn't matter cuz stimpy has your base already. would rather have those 10 extra to fend off sev hiding in the trees Shocked then get assraped.
Nova

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be nice to have a slightly steeper learning curve for newbies? It's slow enough as it is.
Min

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after counting bullets for awhile, you will begin to automatically learn how many you've shot off without counting them. Thats the point ... thats when you begin to build skill ........ alot of people playing this game never learn strategy becuase they never get that far.... thats why you have tons of zach, UD type players out there ... rather than tons of Severian type players.

Min
Min

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nova wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice to have a slightly steeper learning curve for newbies? It's slow enough as it is.

phhbbbbtttt, who needs newbies

Min
underdog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i resent you classifying me as someone who never got far with strategy. who died and made you winbolo-judge-skill-god?

Min wrote:
after counting bullets for awhile, you will begin to automatically learn how many you've shot off without counting them. Thats the point ... thats when you begin to build skill ........ alot of people playing this game never learn strategy becuase they never get that far.... thats why you have tons of zach, UD type players out there ... rather than tons of Severian type players.

Min
Min

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

underdog wrote:
i resent you classifying me as someone who never got far with strategy. who died and made you winbolo-judge-skill-god?

heh, noone ud, easily understandable how you took what I said that way, but the sentence in which I included you was refering to your "style" of play, not that you have no strategy. Was not intended as a stab at you or zach, sorry for the weak wording.

Min
Min

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sillyhead ud *jumps on ud* *squish*

Min
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol *wiggle*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: