UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

Skins

View previous topic :: View next topic  
underdog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Skins Reply with quote

Just one thing id really like to be added, is ability to change the colors of the names that show up

Maybe font as well, and size, and underline, bold, italic. as well as 16 colors to choose from

but if that cant be done, at least a white and black setting, cuz as is, white letters will never work on any skin that has a majority of white and light colors
underdog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more thing, is perhaps increase the tiles for aesthetics.

for example, having a damaged picture that matches the original block instead of a generic one.

and a tree square that isnt the normal one that changes if there is snow or water above or below it (this is the reason the side of trees in my skin are flat)

also, ability to change the black outline that updates at realtime, writing over anything in the skin set

ability to move around the bars, tank screen, buttons, etc to anywhere you want

and finally, although this is probably the biggest stretch, but a different picture for each amount of damage on a block would be nice. sure, it would change the game a bit, knowing how damaged a block is, but it makes technical sense, and would look a huge amount better
underdog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and one more thing

the ability to know exactly which pixels are "solid" and which arnt in the tiles that have collision

since right now, the only way to get the things to match is replicating the original skin shapes (which mind you, they themselves are not at all pixel perfect with collisions) which is quite limitting

perhaps a bitmap that just shows the solid areas of each tile, in say red, on a white back ground, that people can use as a guide would help ions

plus would allow people to give accurate suggestions on just what should be changed how to what pixel to make it work, since pill shot collisions and tank collisions are pretty frustrating as is
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

godammit pplz, keep bolo "classic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Suicide Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a tree square that isnt the normal one that changes if there is snow or water above or below it

I have played winbolo for almost 3 years now, and I have NEVER seen snow anywhere in the game. Hell I have looked at the tilesets and not seen it......do you have a different winbolo or something?
Jay the Speeding Ray

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he has weather in his skin, SJ. Confused

Thats really a lot of requests, underdog, I like all of them, however maybe you should put them in order of which would brighten your day most. Very Happy

Also, If no one has already done/thought of it, maybe someone could make a program specifically for making skins. It could include all the features that underdog stated, and maybe a sound recorder, the ability to edit each tile seperately and at magnification with the more common painting tools, and the ability to show a pic of what the skin would look like.

From Me 2 Sense.
underdog

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the features i requested require changing the hardcode of winbolo, which i cannot do, only Elvis can

if it is something i can solve by altering an image, it would be long done.

id also be happy if such a program was made, but making that program is more work than making the skin.

just some things you people can look forward to, that i am planning on eventually making: jungle skin, desert skin, upgraded "classic" skin (for double size) and anime style skin.

but all those will never look as nice as they can, without some of the things i addressed being looked into.

the sides of the forest will always be flat and uncurvable, the trees that are adjacent to water will never have any nice cliffs or whatever, unless winbolo itself is changed. whether this is on elvis's schedule of changes, or if he thinks its just a dumb idea, or what, i have no idea. for all i know, its priority is so low its off the radar.

Jay the Speeding Ray wrote:
Maybe he has weather in his skin, SJ. Confused

Thats really a lot of requests, underdog, I like all of them, however maybe you should put them in order of which would brighten your day most. Very Happy

Also, If no one has already done/thought of it, maybe someone could make a program specifically for making skins. It could include all the features that underdog stated, and maybe a sound recorder, the ability to edit each tile seperately and at magnification with the more common painting tools, and the ability to show a pic of what the skin would look like.

From Me 2 Sense.
Min

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh, your trees are only flat on top becuase your trying to use isometric tree sprites (warcraft 2 trees) in a top down game .... why not just tailor your graphics for the correct gameview and then these changes are no longer required.

Min
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: