Menu
 
FAQFAQ
SearchSearch

MemberlistMemberlist

UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile
Log in to check your private messages
Log in to check your private messages
Log inLog in
 
 

Community
 

Bot Waypoints?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Bot Waypoints?
Hell Yes!
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Maybe, if a LOT of work is put in
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Wouldn't be worth it
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Author Message
Min



Joined: 23 Feb 2003
Posts: 1840

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
Sorry if you got that impression. I was just pointing out that it is possible to do this with computers that are over 7 years old. You may note that I also suggested an alternative way to get around the problem if the brain can not do its processing within the required time slice.


I'd like for you to point out to me ... using the borg interface .. or the one from macbolo .... how you detect that pills are in a tank .... like when the counter shows "little" pills ... indicating someone is carrying .... explain how they did this on computers 7 years ago .... or on computers now for that matter.....

Min
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Elvis



Joined: 22 Feb 2003
Posts: 878

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Bot Waypoints? Reply with quote

Min wrote:
yeah! thats great we think to ourselfs .... everytime we see a pillbox or base .. it updates its information for us ... handydandy .... wait a sek .... what happens if a enemy comes along .. and picks up one of those pills? ..

Your absolutely right. It was answering your complaint that:
Min wrote:
why don't we just get a array of bases, and a array of pills .... rather than these ultra lame "object" lists ... which are fine for bullets, and probably tanks, and lgms .... but they seem inadequate for allowing proper tracking of pills.

It did nothing else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Elvis



Joined: 22 Feb 2003
Posts: 878

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Min wrote:
I'd like for you to point out to me ... using the borg interface .. or the one from macbolo .... how you detect that pills are in a tank .... like when the counter shows "little" pills ... indicating someone is carrying .... explain how they did this on computers 7 years ago .... or on computers now for that matter.....

Min

I don't know. Show me where it says this is done in the borg interface specification released with Bolo. Perhaps they received the newswires which is undocumented. They only received player messages in WinBolo.


Last edited by Elvis on Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Elvis



Joined: 22 Feb 2003
Posts: 878

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Min wrote:
load up 2 of them, they don't work together, they just do what they were doing seperating ...

They communicate with each other about information they see using the BBMPL. Reference: http://www.lgm.com/bolo/guides/brains.html

Text: "BBMPL 0.8 (65Kb, Nov 93) is the source code archive of the BBMPL (Bolo Brain Message Parsing Library) version 0.8. Potentially a good way to get started implementing a messaging system in your brain or borg. aIndy and Ladmo use this code, modified as needed..."

Infact even Indy, the predecesor to aIndy did this. From the Indy documentation:
"Indy will tell all the other Indy's that are allied with you about pillboxes and bases that you see."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Acro



Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 1594

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I think you 2 should team up for the next version of bolo. Elvis could work on the upgrades he's planned, and Min could fix bugs and code up some sweet bots and brains. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Min



Joined: 23 Feb 2003
Posts: 1840

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Bot Waypoints? Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
Min wrote:
yeah! thats great we think to ourselfs .... everytime we see a pillbox or base .. it updates its information for us ... handydandy .... wait a sek .... what happens if a enemy comes along .. and picks up one of those pills? ..

Your absolutely right. It was answering your complaint that:
Min wrote:
why don't we just get a array of bases, and a array of pills .... rather than these ultra lame "object" lists ... which are fine for bullets, and probably tanks, and lgms .... but they seem inadequate for allowing proper tracking of pills.

It did nothing else.


then unfortunatly you misunderstood my complaint. Making my own array is simple, but I want to know when pills are picked up by an enemy tank, I want to know when a pillbox is in a tank .. weither its in an ally tank, or in a enemy tank ... perhaps this could be done by changing the position for the info or something to a prespecified amout while its in a tank. If I know when a pill has been picked up, I can properly update the position in my array so that the bot no longer thinks the pill in on the ground....

I got to the point in my bot where I would want to properly avoid pillbox positions, so I started writing an array to update pill positions, this is when it came to my attention that doesn't tell you when a pill is in a tank. so if a tank comes along and takes one of the pills in his pillbox line, the bot won't know that .. and will act as if there is still a pillbox in that position. not very effective.

Min
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Min



Joined: 23 Feb 2003
Posts: 1840

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
I don't know. Show me where it says this is done in the borg interface specification released with Bolo. Perhaps they received the newswires which is undocumented. They only received player messages in WinBolo.


it doesn't, thats what I'm saying ... nowere in the winbolo interface, or in the macbolo interface is this information given. Which is what I'm asking ... maybe it is and I'm just a moron and missing it? .... show me were it is so I can shut up and go back to programming the bot I've put alot of time, effort and thought into.

Min
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Min



Joined: 23 Feb 2003
Posts: 1840

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
Min wrote:
load up 2 of them, they don't work together, they just do what they were doing seperating ...

They communicate with each other about information they see using the BBMPL. Reference: http://www.lgm.com/bolo/guides/brains.html

Text: "BBMPL 0.8 (65Kb, Nov 93) is the source code archive of the BBMPL (Bolo Brain Message Parsing Library) version 0.8. Potentially a good way to get started implementing a messaging system in your brain or borg. aIndy and Ladmo use this code, modified as needed..."

Infact even Indy, the predecesor to aIndy did this. From the Indy documentation:
"Indy will tell all the other Indy's that are allied with you about pillboxes and bases that you see."


ya, thats what it says .... but I didn't experiance this behavior myself ... perhaps I had them configured incorrectly? .... or perhaps my performa didn't have enough cpu power to power 2 aIndy's and my local copy of bolo. Dunno, they seemed bad to me ..... and after examining the indy code (dunno what version) I honestly don't see anything that would make me think that their gamebot logic was anything more than a simple statemachine with 4-5 states ..... aIndy may be better but I didn't experience that when I was playing it.

Min
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Madd Maxx



Joined: 25 Feb 2003
Posts: 1994

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Argumints.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sticks



Joined: 23 Feb 2003
Posts: 806

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer spearmint over argumint.

Also, there is a [code] tag, Min, for you to use that will only slightly make your code look better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jay the Speeding Ray



Joined: 23 Feb 2003
Posts: 187

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, guess I like spearmint, but there are a lotta ppl on .net who like flamemint.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Min



Joined: 23 Feb 2003
Posts: 1840

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sticks wrote:
I prefer spearmint over argumint.

Also, there is a [code] tag, Min, for you to use that will only slightly make your code look better.


heh, ouch ... I've been speared! .... tried the code tag ... still looks like dogmeat .. lines are too long. but at least it didn't destroy the tabbing to badly. Elvis: any response on how to detect when a pillbox has been picked up by a tank?.

Min
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sticks



Joined: 23 Feb 2003
Posts: 806

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Min wrote:
Elvis: any response on how to detect when a pillbox has been picked up by a tank?

I'm assuming the method should not involve a loop that runs through checking the position of each pillbox.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
 
 
 
Winbolo.net Copyright ©2003 John Morrison