MemberlistMemberlist

UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

Joysticks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you use a joystick/game controller for Winbolo?
yes
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
no
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

Jason#8

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Joysticks Reply with quote

Wouldn't a cool feature be joystick support? I got a few controllers that resemble PS2's and they rox for other games. I think that maybe a brain might work for this? Are there any set up for it? Thanx

Jason#8
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this could be interesting....... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Min

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a brain interface could be designed that would be able to use a joystick via the directinput interface provided for that sort of thing ... I considered doing that awhile ago .. but no joystick I'm aware of has enough buttons/controllers to allow things to be controlled properly.

Min
Vengeance

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely this will end in failure, not to be a killjoy buit more a realistic.

How would the throttle work? Would the wheel on most joysticks function as the throttle or would just pushing forward do it. Also imagine that you want to continue driving while swerving to avoid enemies or pills and you wanted to build while doing so, it would be utter havoc!! Trying to control the [build to] crosshair while still driving might offer quite a problem to the person playing and also the creator of the joystick.

Although, the person would becoe a legend of the net if he/she were to succesfully complete this project.
Nova

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with both Vengeance's and Min's posts. However, some sort of other controller might be cool, one specially made for WinBolo. Note that I said it might be cool, not that I was holding my breath for it. Smile
Mad Scout

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vengeance wrote:
Most likely this will end in failure, not to be a killjoy buit more a realistic.

How would the throttle work? Would the wheel on most joysticks function as the throttle or would just pushing forward do it. Also imagine that you want to continue driving while swerving to avoid enemies or pills and you wanted to build while doing so, it would be utter havoc!! Trying to control the [build to] crosshair while still driving might offer quite a problem to the person playing and also the creator of the joystick.

Although, the person would becoe a legend of the net if he/she were to succesfully complete this project.

I've thought about this and there could be a way to do it. If the "joystick" you use is that steering wheel kind with brake and gas pedal used for driving games, it's very possible. You could use the pedals for accelerate and decelerate (sp), turn left or right with the steering wheel with one hand. With that same hand press the button to fire, another button to lay mines. Then use your free hand to click the mouse and send out your lgm. We're used to this much multi-tasking when driving in REAL life, aren't we? Steering wheel, cell phone, beverage, radio, etc... why not utilize the skill in winbolo??

Hmm... ok maybe it's not that simple. The steering wheel joystick snaps back to 12:00. When you steer with the keys on winbolo you don't snap back. Actually wait, maybe it can work after all...
~suicide~

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be cool if winbolo had it's own joystick/steering wheel or something like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrmmm........It would also be cool if I had a joystick Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vengeance

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If some crazy guy with a lot of money is evesdropping on the posts make the joystick a bolo tank that looks like the normal one, without a skin on. When you wanted to use it you could lift the barrel up 90 degrees and started playing, the buttons could be anywhere.

crazy rich people on these forums, yeah right.
Weirdo

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if those psx-to-pc controller adapters work for the analog sticks on a dual shock controller, but if they do:

This layout would be quite usable imho, maybe not as good for competitive play as a kb/mouse, but fun for pubbing nonetheless.
Nova

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it could work fundamentally, perhaps even better than keyboard. I don't know, I'd have to try it and say... the issue here is... where do you plug a PS controller on a PC? It's been a while since I've played with a PlayStation, but I don't believe that you could plug it in anywhere.
~suicide~

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol nova! Laughing You can buy an adapter to go from the controller to a usb plug in, or you could make one yourself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nova

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... I didn't think about an adaptor. I'm not really an electronics guy. Fuck... I liked that diagram but I don't like how the format gets fucked. Perhaps Elvis can change .net so that the only thing that you need to scroll to see is the picture and not actual text? That would be nice.
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, someone should get 2 worx on this shitts.!
indiana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weirdo wrote:
I don't know if those psx-to-pc controller adapters work for the analog sticks on a dual shock controller, but if they do:

This layout would be quite usable imho, maybe not as good for competitive play as a kb/mouse, but fun for pubbing nonetheless.

what about pillview?
peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: