UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

Skin Contest!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireIce

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Skin Contest! Reply with quote

Announcing a Winbolo Skin Contest!

Here is all the info about it. I've also posted all of this on my website at http://winbolo.netfirms.com/skin.shtml

*** What: A skin contest! Create the best graphic in any of the 8 categories and you'll win a first place award! Win the most categories and you'll be declared the Winbolo Skin Contest Grand Winner! All category award winners and the grand winner will receive a virtual ribbon and/or virtual trophy and have their names preserved for eternity on FireIce's Winbolo Site (http://winbolo.netfirms.com).

*** The Categories:
(Note, you do not have to enter all categories, you can choose to enter only one, or all categories, or anywhere in between)

Best Realistic Wall/Blocks*
Best Realistic Tank
Best Realistic Pillbox
Best Realistic Grass
Best Realistic Swamp
Best Realistic Trees/Forest
Best Realistic X-tra (This category will be used to award for an excellent skin graphic that can not be entered in the above categories, but still worthy of an award)

and

Best Looking Screen (the screen.bmp file)

By "Realistic", it means that it take the original classic image and make it look much better and more realistic. This can mean putting more color depth, making it 3-D, or redrawing the image entirely to look more realistically and better. The images should have similar type of colors as the classic image. (for example, grass and trees need to be greenish, enemy tanks needs some red, allied pillbox need some green, etc). (This is opposed to the "fantasy/different landscape" type of category, which is not dealt with in this contest but may be in a future contest).

* - A first place winner in the category of Wall/Blocks will count as (2) first place wins for consideration of Grand Winner.

*** Deadline to submit: Sunday July 4th, at midnight CST three (3) weeks from the announcement of this contest.

*** How to Submit:

1. Create a workable skin file (as we will judge the item by loading up the skin via Winbolo) that contains as many of the items for as many categories as you wish to enter. You may enter only 1 category, or you may try to enter as many up to all 8. And you can enter as many times as you wish for each category. For the other images that are part of the skin, but in which there is no category for (or you are not entering an item for that category), you may leave the default images in, or you may put some other custom images, even though they will not be judged. However, the skin must be a workable skin that we can move around and play with. Submit multiple skins if you enter the same category multiple times.

2. You have (3) different ways to submit. Two of them are secure (that is nobody but FireIce, who is excluded from entering the contest, will see the skin before the judging) and the other one is public.

Secure Method 1) Email the skin to fireicewinbolo@hotmail.com. In the body of the text, list the categories you are submitting the skin for. If you submit multiple skins, list which categories of which skins you are submitting in the contest.

Secure Method 2) DCC via IRC the skin to FireIce when he around. When he is on IRC, he is usually on irc.winbolo.us, channel #winbolo.

Public Method 3) Upload your skin to ftp://www.winbolo.us/upload. Upload a text file that contains the name of your name, the name of your skin(s), and the categories you are entering. Note that your entry is not private and not secure by using this method of submitting. Then let FireIce know by posting on this thread, by emailing him, or by messaging to him in IRC that you have uploaded the skin in the ftp folder.

*** Notes:

1. The skin you enter may have been made anytime previous to the contest deadline, even if it was made before this contest was announced, it can be submitted.

2. When submitting entries, make sure the graphic works for all related tiles. Meaning, if you submit for the tank category, make sure all allied, all enemy and all players' tank images work.

3. Legal Statement: We reserve the rights to modify the rules if it we determined it is needed to preserve the sanctity and vision of this contest.

*** How the Judging will work:

1. FireIce, with the advice of Sheeps will sort the entries to accept the entries that meet the qualification of "Realistic".

2. The Skins will be sent to a panel of judges. (If you are interested in becoming a judge, let FireIce know! You can be even a judge if you enter the skin contest, however you will only be able to judge in the categories in which you did not enter)

3. The judges will caste one vote for their best looking item in each category. They will have a deadline of 1 week to submit their votes.

4. FireIce, with the help of Sheeps will compile the votes and announce the result

*** Questions???

Ask FireIce! Either post on this forum, ask FireIce in IRC channel #winbolo of server irc.winbolo.us, or email him at fireicewinbolo@hotmail.com

Last edited by FireIce on Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool..... perhaps we could take all the first place winners and put all their individual graphics together to make a SUPER SKIN!!! weeee
FireIce

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just was thinking how coincidental that the deadline to enter the contest is July 4th, a day in which the United States celebrate as "Independence Day". Having the ability to use skins gives us the "Independence" from having to use the same old graphics Smile
~suicide~

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetness, a contest! Now to make my uber skin! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FireIce

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~suicide~ wrote:
Sweetness, a contest! Now to make my uber skin! Very Happy

Hey Suicide! I was thinking of ya and wanting you to enter the contest! I'm looking forward to see what you come up with! Smile
~suicide~

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll try some new stuff, I'm not skilled with doing the skin(more of screen type,lol) I'll do my best! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FireIce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

~suicide~ wrote:
I think I'll try some new stuff, I'm not skilled with doing the skin(more of screen type,lol) I'll do my best! Very Happy

Cool!
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fi, what about best sound package?
FireIce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q-mandabomb wrote:
fi, what about best sound package?

Someone else can organize a contest for that (maybe you?) Smile Would be cool to have a Star Wars package.
FireIce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, there was a typo in the link to my website in the post about the contest, so I fixed that. It should correctly link to my website's skin contest page now.
sheeps

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FireIce wrote:
Someone else can organize a contest for that (maybe you?) Smile Would be cool to have a Star Wars package.

Have not gotten around to making the skin for it, but I did put together some Star Wars sounds. You can download it at: ftp://ftp.winbolo.us/sound-packs/starwars_sounds.zip
FireIce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheeps: I really love the lgm death sound you have in that pack! Hehehe.
Samurai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey sheep the sound where a tank sinks near lol
FireIce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Winbolo Skin Contest Update! Reply with quote

Winbolo Skin Contest Update!

- One (1) Person has submitted an entry for 1 category (the screen category).
- Ten (10) people have signed up to be judges.

The panel of judges so far comprise of:
(7) Players with two years or more of Winbolo and/or Bolo experience
(2) Players with one or more year of Winbolo experience.
(1) relative new player.

Out of the 21 days this contest is running, there are 19 days left!
~suicide~

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres an entry for the screen part of the contest, sorry I don't have time to enter it right now so here it is where it can be downloaded and viewed.
http://www.angelfire.com/blog/comp0/page6.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: