UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

Elvis? We need you for a sec, man.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nova

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Elvis? We need you for a sec, man. Reply with quote

Naming names would give these dumb fucks more credit than they deserve. Hopefully you all know who I'm talking about when I say these hate threads are getting a little monotonous.

So, my question to Elvis is: can we stop these shits from starting topics? I've never been a moderator on an online forum before, but I'm going to assume there's some way of taking away the ability to start a thread. This seems a little less drastic than going back and fooling around with the policy, which I recall was quite an ordeal and I don't think anyone came away pleased.

---Nova
Acro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was an issue Elvis had on the front burner, it probably would have been dealt with already, like the ridiculous Winbolo respawn problem. Other things are apparently far more important; like 'skin support'.
Nova

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF we can't get Elvis to fix it, I'd like to ask everyone to simply ignore the hate threads. I would not be surprised if some loser was starting up this shit just for the attention. Either way, posting in the threads just feeds the fire.
Cool_Fool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nova wrote:
I would not be surprised if some loser was starting up this shit just for the attention.

I tried to warn FI that people were getting tired of his shit. As usual, he didn't want to listen. Maybe the screams coming from his basement drowned me out; We can only speculate.

Nova wrote:
Either way, posting in the threads just feeds the fire.

...ice, that is

CF
~suicide~

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I volenteered to be a mod since these forums are not looked over very well, like how we have all thia bashing and spam shit going on. But seems Elvis will handle it himself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FireIce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I volunteer to be a mod. We need to stop these spam thread where people post links to what they allegedly call playable maps.

As for what Nova talks about, I'm not 100% sure, but I assume he's talking of the guy starting the anti-blaze threads. Well, seems that we're taking care of it no? We've had some funny responses in that thread. Of course, I say that because I posted in it and I refuse to acknowledge my jokes may be non-funny. It's an ego thing.

Anyway, in short, I don't really know what Nova is talking about. Those of you jumping to ask for other people's thread to be moderated may one day find your thread and your post moderated in a way simply because someone else requested it.

On the .us forum, we don't moderate, but we do restrict who can sign up for an account and thus who is able to post. We just ban the big troublemakers from posting on that forum, and everyone else can post freely. Now, of course that forum isn't used as much as WBN, but that's cuz I haven't posted enought naked pics of LRL yet. I'm sure with enought naked pics, interest will rise up.
FireIce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~suicide~ wrote:
I volenteered to be a mod since these forums are not looked over very well, like how we have all thia bashing and spam shit going on. But seems Elvis will handle it himself.

What bashing? You talking of the bashing between CF, I and Qmandabomb? If you call that bashing, then I fear you might need to loosen up and see how we are enjoying ourself tremendous. I've never had so much fun laughting at reading at some of the stuff CF wrote about me. Of course, I know he is doint it just to kid around and that he doesn't mean any of it. Well, most of it anyway. Not that it concerns me if other people are laughting or not, as during my recent one week absence, you guys were talking about dreadfully frustrating political topics.
nobody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody thinks your funny FI.
Cool_Fool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FireIce wrote:
Of course, I know he is doint it just to kid around and that he doesn't mean any of it. Well, most of it anyway.

Well the stuff about you shoplifting women's underwear by putting in on in the changing room and walking out was no joke. You've already put several large department stores under.

CF
FireIce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody wrote:
Nobody thinks your funny FI.

hehe, it took me a minute to figure that one out Smile. And to think I was the one always saying nobody is in #winbolo!
Nova

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FI, it isn't just one guy that's doing it. At least I should say that it's more than one account. I'm also not asking for threads to be moderated, I'm ultimately asking for them to be unable to even start threads. From what I've heard from people and what I know of people I think I can assume that there aren't too many people here who appreciate this garbage. I'm fully against one person being able to sway a moderator's decision.
Alain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do Elvis find it funny ? Here is the question ! Then, I ask him... Please... Smile
DAllen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FireIce wrote:
I volunteer to be a mod. We need to stop these spam thread where people post links to what they allegedly call playable maps.

And what is THAT supposed to mean? HRRRMMMM? I'll have you know MY maps are very playable, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

*DAllen slaps FireIce around with a large trout for a bit*

-DAllen
Alain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must respect all the map makers because they work hard and they take of their time to add pleasure, nice graphic art and originality to WinBolo. Even if sometimes some maps are less interesting than others, I agree ! (Hehe, look at mines !)

Then I ask to all of you :

Please, don't pollute the "New Maps" topic with posts which don't announce a new map.

Please, respect map makers. Then make your jokes and have fun in another appropriate topic.

Thank you very much to all of you who will respect it. Smile
FireIce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nova wrote:
FI, it isn't just one guy that's doing it. At least I should say that it's more than one account. I'm also not asking for threads to be moderated, I'm ultimately asking for them to be unable to even start threads. From what I've heard from people and what I know of people I think I can assume that there aren't too many people here who appreciate this garbage. I'm fully against one person being able to sway a moderator's decision.

Ok, let's say you manage to keep these account from starting threads, then what? They'll just post shit in other threads, including your map thread which I think they've left alone so far. So you then ask for their account to be terminated. Say Elvis says ok, and terminates their account. So they just start up new accounts. Then what? There's a slippery slope here, unfortunately. It has to be thought out instead of just knee-jerk reaction.

I'm actually open to the idea of restricting who can post and who can't - that's what we do in the .us forum, as long as we are left unmoderated. But as I pointed above, it has to be throughly thought out. Personally I wouldn't bother as it seems to be a time-intensive situation to develope properly, and I can see many potential wrong turns. It just seems easier and faster to deal with the situation by just moking and making fun of those posters, like it seems we all started doing.

Anyhow, in the meantime, you might want to loosen up Nova. I haven't been bothered by those posts at all because I've had so much fun reading CF and Qmanda's and other ppl's responses to my posts, and trying to come up with innovative things to say. Maybe you should try having more fun on the forum Nova instead of focusing so intensly on those threads that don't meet your perfect standard of what a proper post is.

Furthermore, I've been flamed 10 times worst then you yourself ever would want to, and I seem to have survived allrighty - except for the hamster fetish i've developed. And yes, you've guessed correctly, I blame CF for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: