UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

top 100 reasons to ban face
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
derami

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: top 100 reasons to ban face Reply with quote

now, on my own, i'm sure i'll only come up with a few ... but if we all work together, i bet we can reach 100! the following are a number of ways in which face regularly disrupts and/or ruins strict games. feel free to add your own, i'm sure the list will only grow.

let's see here:

1) unallies allies in strict games

2) intentionally shoots allies in strict games for 'being morons'

3) intentionally shoots allies' lgms in strict games

4) attempts to wall allies in strict games

5) verbally harasses allies then quits strict games before they are done

6) sits idle in strict game. then, after teams are formed (and he is walled for being idle, so that he won't interfere) proceeds to unlock the game, rejoin, not leave when asked (repeatedly) and kill lgms and players

7) claims to have mapped games as a basis for asking players, impolitely, to leave the game - which actually works sometimes

that's it for now - more as i think of them! add your own! it's cathardic!

-= d
jhood

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2, 3 and 6 are reasons for his removal.
(-_-)zzz

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> face regularly disrupts and/or ruins strict games

More lies without proof.

Regarding 1 through 7, if I wasn't supposed to do these things you say, then why does the game let me? Perhaps what you're really asking for is a feature request.

I suggest this thread be moved to Feature Requests.

By the way, you tried for 100 and only got 7 by yourself, way to come up short.
flad

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I R TEH FLADDDDDDDD

and I totally take my dont ban face post.

The kids a fucking moron and a person like that within in the community should be banned.

Last edited by flad on Sun May 21, 2006 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Nova

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's doing actual damage, though.

Last edited by Nova on Sat May 20, 2006 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Nova

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(-_-)zzz wrote:
Regarding 1 through 7, if I wasn't supposed to do these things you say, then why does the game let me? Perhaps what you're really asking for is a feature request.

Even if a "Dick-B-Gone" patch was feasible and practical, Elvis has other things to do. It's much simpler to remove people from the game.
derami

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: oooh, a dick-be-gone patch! :) Reply with quote

face-

most of the things you do to disrupt strict games (see: my list) coulnd't be 'fixed' with any patch. how would the system know if you shot an lgm on purpose or by accident? only humans viewing logs could know that. what about the strict game you totalled by idling, getting walled, unlocked, rejoining? the only patch to fix that would be a 'boot' feature, which would be more abused than productively used.

basically, this is why ops are here: to deal with the issues that aren't hard-wired into the game. there will always be assholes like you who work within the confines of the game's programming but still ruin games for other people - which is why there are ops, and you are banned.

-= d
derami

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="(-_-)zzz"]> face regularly disrupts and/or ruins strict games

More lies without proof."

proof? there are many log files showing the things on the list. jhood has, amongst others, seen them - i imagine that's why you were banned: because, in fact, there *is* proof.

"Regarding 1 through 7, if I wasn't supposed to do these things you say, then why does the game let me?"

the game also 'lets' you prefarm, join a strict and start taking bases before teams are made, not hold when hold is called, etc.... what the game 'lets you do' doesn't correspond to what you 'should' do always

"I suggest this thread be moved to Feature Requests."

why, am i embarassing you? none of the things you did that are on my list could be solved with a feature. idiot much?

"By the way, you tried for 100 and only got 7 by yourself, way to come up short"

naw, i'm leaving the rest for others to fill in - don't want to hog the glory

-=k
F.U.B.A.R.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: top 100 reasons to ban face Reply with quote

derami wrote:
now, on my own, i'm sure i'll only come up with a few ... but if we all work together, i bet we can reach 100! the following are a number of ways in which face regularly disrupts and/or ruins strict games. feel free to add your own, i'm sure the list will only grow.

let's see here:

1) unallies allies in strict games

2) intentionally shoots allies in strict games for 'being morons'

3) intentionally shoots allies' lgms in strict games

4) attempts to wall allies in strict games

5) verbally harasses allies then quits strict games before they are done

6) sits idle in strict game. then, after teams are formed (and he is walled for being idle, so that he won't interfere) proceeds to unlock the game, rejoin, not leave when asked (repeatedly) and kill lgms and players

7) claims to have mapped games as a basis for asking players, impolitely, to leave the game - which actually works sometimes

that's it for now - more as i think of them! add your own! it's cathardic!

-= d

to me only 6 and 7 are bannable offences. the rest of it is just being a dick. zzz, u would not have to put up with such flack of u were not infact, such a penis wrinkle. if u want to fuck up your team by shooting the lgm of a teamate or killing them because u think they didnt to something right thats your busness, its not bannable. its just dumb. all and all its better that your not a part of this game. this is the first time i have ever said that about another player in this comunity, i think even dz has more respect on the playing of the game then u. hes a good player and knows how to be a team mate. all i gotta say is getta clue. nobody fuckin likes u. and they dont like u for a reason, your the biggest dick to ever play winbolo. and thats a hard task here. congradulations.
Knight_o_theNee

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: guess what? I've got a new signature! Reply with quote

"How is killing my ally's LGM a bannable offense?"
- (-_-)zzz

I'm not going to adapt on my disdain for this particular boloteer
but I thought this was worth putting up here
F.U.B.A.R.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, we all know zzz is a complete dick face. but u still have to go by policy. and im my eyes, only 2 of the 7 listed are a bannable offence. btw, this is just my opnion. if u were banned for just being a dick then i would not be on irc. Nor would anyone, because eveyone is a dick sometimes.
Nova

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone's saying that 5 of those 7 listed are bannable offenses, those 5 are just there to emphasize that he's done nothing redeeming. Insult to injury, as it were.
F.U.B.A.R.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true, gd...u fucks should be lawers.
Nova

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like being able to sleep at night, actually.
derami

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: clarification Reply with quote

sorry, i didn't mean to imply that the list had to be made up of exclusively bannable offenses in terms of the policy. i'm just suggesting *reasons* why he should - german: sollten, not sollen - be banned, whether or not they fall under the technical jurisdiction of the ops. they can be more existential, like 'he is a giant suxing assmonkey'

-= d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: