UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

Chaps is banned
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Min

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Chaps is banned Reply with quote

'chaps' is banned for starting on land. http://www.winbolo.net/gamelog.php?key=b283fbafe370da7be7c53c8d1eec4f02

If he wants to be unbanned we'll have to have a good long chat about the rules.

Min
infidel

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man chaps still plays? Thats the best mexican player around, QUIT BEING RACIST!

(iherdhewasmexican)
Min

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idiocy spans all races and cultures.

Min
jhood

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mexican isn't a race but as Min eluded, more of a cultural thing. Unless in the race field on your census form you actually put "Mexico," in which case, you tank dies and you randomly respawn in deepsea.
Spintega

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaps - "i smell like tacos"
Chaps

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: My thoughts... Reply with quote

Min, just a few comments. There is this posted on the winbolo webiste about breaking the rules:

" Typically the way things like this get dealt with is simple, if you offend, we try to talk to you about it. If you act reasonably, understand the rules and agree to no longer misbehave, then great. Otherwise, sorry, we don't want you ruining the game for everyone else. "

I'm almost sure you banned me that same night. No warning, no talk. No repeat offense. Never been a jerk to anyone, never ruinned games on purpose, I am always inviting and friendly to new players (although I sometimes yell at them a lil bit, but it's all love), I'm always willing to spend time with people to teach them stuff to get better (ask jinx, kaos, ling). For the most part, I follow the rules well. Even the "etiquette" ones, like no mining, etc. It's your rules, it's your call...but I don't think I deserved a ban. Not for that.

As a side note: I don't think it was unfair advantage because I did delay myself a lil bit and the reason I got the middle base before the other team is because underdog went for the west base first and 1 was stuck behind him at go. I went straight for middle base. Watch the log. I would have always reached the middle base first. I still broke the "rule", I'm not saying I didn't, but again...It wasn't the reason I got the middle base first.

However, since you seem to be a "no exceptions, no warning" enforcer, please ban these people as they have also broken YOUR rules:

Underdog jumps on land before the actual "go" is called...twice. As they begin to call he drives to land so that he is ready when the actual "go" is seen. In first game he gets his first base at least 1 sec before Lance. He spiked lance. Unfair advantage. In second game he jumps on land again before actual "go" but delays himself, like I did in my game. But since there are "no expections" and he was a "repeat offender", please ban him.

logs for ud:
http://www.winbolo.net/gamelog.php?key=bb5ebd8a839d5313deb87dd0127bf5f9

http://www.winbolo.net/gamelog.php?key=10e435e355f1475590b303f8d4d5107d

Derami (azzz) started on land too. He was first to get base. Unfair advantage. Please ban him.

log for derami:
http://www.winbolo.net/gamelog.php?key=74239fcad84c23735bb3b6d5f6f593e9

Lance did the same. He was moving someone who was afk, so he drove to land. BUT he did not die and start in deep sea, he just told them to call. And he started on land. Obviously, he was the first to capture a base. Unfair advantage. Please ban him.

log for lance:
http://www.winbolo.net/gamelog.php?key=cfa1158dc246be5790ffbb3cf4923f88

This is a good one. DZ started on land. But goold old spin not only started on land but farmed like 4 times. He was also first to grab a base way before anyone else. Please ban him. You should also ban him for idling every fucking game for like 10 min. I do it sometimes, but he does it everytime. Please ban DZ and Spintega.

log for spin and dz:
http://www.winbolo.net/gamelog.php?key=e576d1cb1e6e0b15454014d3c2e77f83

Those are all for now. Some of them are repeat offenders, some of them broke two of your rules in one game. So please be fair in the application of the rules and ban them.

Like I said before, I disagree with the "no exceptions", I disagree with being banned, but I understand your rules and acknowledge that it's your call. I'm just asking you to be fair when applying the rules and the consequences of breaking them.

Thanks.
Min

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will review the logs you have posted. Thanks for the heads up.

Min
Min

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps, chaps has been unbanned, we talked on irc.

Min
Min

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First log for UD is unavailable, second log is accidental, he was trying to up his acceleration and went one to many so hopped on land. His intent was clear since he allowed his enemy to capture both the middle bases. I'm not going to ban him for accidentally jumping on land.

Still reviewing the rest.

Min
Min

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derami definitely fucked that one up, however, derami is also pretty much unbannable with the current implementation, so I can't really do anything besides talk to him about it. Its pretty sad to see players who've been around so long completely flaunting and ignoring the basics. :/

Min
Min

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lance? seriously? .... wtf :/

Min
Min

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigh, that's pretty ridiculous, spin and dz in the same game..........

Min
Chaps

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: ban issue Reply with quote

The log for the 1st ud game was not correct.

The correct log is this one:
http://www.winbolo.net/gamelog.php?key=2b479d9cadbb50b4dbefaee6c117c519

He sorta jumps onto land as soon as he sees the "........" and then goes until he sees the "go", but he's still on land anyways.

And i know that in my previous post i was asking you to ban them, but I don't really want them to get banned. I just wanted to point out that ppl do break the rules sometimes, so the "no exceptions" banning is a bit harsh.

Anyways, good discussion.
underdog

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I screwed up the start a few times, unintentionally, and sorry to anyone that was upset by that.

In order to get an optimal start in the game, I tend to drive up to the shore and accelerate into it until I get to the threshold level before I drive onto the land. The reason for this, is so that when Go is called, I can get onto land quicker. Occasionally I will hit accelerate once too much and my tank will shoot onto the land. When this happens, I will try to correct it, but often the game is about to start so I just delay myself a bit, so I don't gain an advantage.

In future I will try not to get on land, but as I mentioned, it is very difficult to know at what point the threshold is without going over. Hope you understand
infidel

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love how everyone was thrown under the bus Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: