ProfileProfile

Community

Forum Moderation Policy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
underdog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought it was.. i may be mistaken

but if it isnt, perhaps it can be made so it can?

if not, you could copy and paste it in mod only forum, and delete the original...
Min

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

underdog wrote:

if not, you could copy and paste it in mod only forum, and delete the original...

I'm not sure how modifiable phpbb is .. but what if you want to put it back? .... how would you do that?

Min
underdog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Min wrote:
underdog wrote:

I'm not sure how modifiable phpbb is .. but what if you want to put it back? .... how would you do that?

Min

copy and paste it back?
wonka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canuck wrote:
[cheat reference removed by Name_of_moderator]. The moderator must then post a new message on the moderator only board providing the following information:

Sounds good to me

Canuck wrote:
only phrases in the message that help people find the cheat should be removed.

It leaves this gist of what was being said, yet removes the specifics of how to find it. Sounds good to me too.

Canuck wrote:
Also, underdog's removal of min's post would still be against the rules under this mod policy. Under it though, he could have removed the url to whatever it was and probably cause a discussion about whether min's post was helping people "cheat". Then maybe "cheat" needs to be defined.

Example: Min was trying to make a point on how easy it was to get to a single web page. Then there was a section on how to. So the first part was a valid argument of why not to have passwords on a web page. So using this method Min's arugment would still be there, but not the how to.

Min wrote:
moving the entire thread into the moderator only forum, where the moderators can discuss what to do with it. and from that point decide to change it, delete it, delete one post out of it, as a group, rather than as a individual (becuase every action as a individual in this place is bitched about .. why is it we can't think for ourselves?) .... quite honestly. if the post is moved and it was a valid discussion ... start a new thread to complete that discussion ... if we start doing stuff thats way to complicated (like what canuck is suggesting) it will be far too confusing

Maybe moving the whole thread is easier; but then you're gonna have to move it back minus the offending post... and i think thats gonna cause much more trouble. People will be saying why did you move it?, what was there?, when will it be back?.. etc. people WILL notice a popular thread gone.

Then how long will it be gone? If a panel of mods has to decide what right and whats wrong, it could take a couple of days.
Min

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, quite honestly, I would prefer if the threads are moved, and thats the end of it ... if people ask were they went, we say "to the mod only forum" end of discussion really .. what more can they say? .. "why?" "becuase it had a post that meets the requirements shown in the forum moderation policy." .... I think editing other peoples posts is a hugely bad idea.

Min
underdog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

judging by the activity of people here, it wouldnt take more than a day for say 2 or 3 mods to give it the OK
wonka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that there are a total of 6 mods, how many votes either way would it take?
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonka wrote:
Given that there are a total of 6 mods, how many votes either way would it take?

None!!!! This system is bullshit! Notice that only mods have made suggestions that we need changes. Thus, allowing them to delete posts and such. The problem with a voting system is that ppls will form alliances and pplz will STILL delete forms/posts without any reason. Leave the "forum moderation policy" the way it is!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
underdog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madd Maxx wrote:
wonka wrote:

None!!!! This system is bullshit! Notice that only mods have made suggestions that we need changes. Thus, allowing them to delete posts and such. The problem with a voting system is that ppls will form alliances and pplz will STILL delete forms/posts without any reason. Leave the "forum moderation policy" the way it is!

i am not a mod, neither are lrl or wonka, or many others. people who are mods are mods for a reason. cuz they arnt incomprehensible little lamers like you.

you should lay off the illegal substances, your paranoia seems to be out of your control.

"secret alliances"? and people in black coats and sunglasses that abduct you and erase your records? ya, they exist. and they are coming for you, bitch
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no shyte ud, but those pplz r in cahoot's wit da mod's!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HostileToy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madd Maxx wrote:
no shyte ud, but those pplz r in cahoot's wit da mod's!

what? ..... I think you need to get your head out of your ass so you can #1 see what you are typing and #2 see that the mods are definetly not in "cahoot's" with anyone
wonka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking for myself, I have one goal: Have fun playing WinBolo... period. But i find it hard to do so when people use cheats and hacks and treat each other like garbage. It lessens my enjoyment playing this game when these things happen. I really don't want to see how to's on cheating/hacking, people padding scores, nor people flamming each other in a very personal and vulgar ways.

There have been several suggestions on how to handle posts that contain hack info. From following the comments on it, almost everyone agrees [except Maxx] that a procedure needs to be in place. I think talking it out here in the forms has been great.

I suggested a way to handle score padding. After talking with Elvis briefly about it, i've been refreshing myself on statistics to make sure the data smoothing, and variance of the samplings are ok for creating the standard game profiles. I hope to have some info to give to Elvis in about two weeks. If he decides to go forward with, i'm sure there will be another dicussion here in the forums on the pros and cons of it; and if he decides to implement it, on how that is done.

-Wonka

P.S.

There was a comment earlier about how many user accounts were out there, and how many were multiples of a single person's; my question is how many are out there from newbie's who came to have fun, got treated like crap and left?
Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is my brief take on the situation. I believe that WinBolo.net is a community based site that is to help the community and I do not believe discussing or detailing explicitly how to hack/cheat/etc is in the best interest of the community.

I've taken a quick look over the ideas posted and suggested in this forum and will be drafting a new policy for feedback next week. As such I am a little dissapointed in underdogs post especially as it has been mentioned that I am currently out of the country and not checking forums as much as I usually do and had mentioned I would be updating the policy upon return. I understand underdogs intentions of trying to move this process forward however I don't agree with his method.

Here is a quick thought on what I think the new mod policy will be (this is not final)

1. Everything as before
2. No posting of illegal material or material that would be inappropriate to younger people. (Remember the age poll?)
3. No posting on methods on how to cheat/hack etc.
4. Mods will be able to move posts to a new forum for discussion and decide whether they should be moved back or deleted. (Note posts not topics at this stage)
5. If the mods decide they should stay they will be moved back into the general forum.
6. Otherwise they will be deleted and a note will be placed saying this was deleted.

Any thoughts on this? Apologies about the spelling/grammer. I don't have time to proofread it.
sheeps

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
4. Mods will be able to move posts to a new forum for discussion and decide whether they should be moved back or deleted. (Note posts not topics at this stage)

I am fine with the additions to the policy you mentioned Elvis. I am also interested to know how you can move a post and not the entire topic. Maybe it will just be manual, but still the most fair way to do it imho.

I assume mods decision will be majority with veto ability by Elvis?
Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sheeps wrote:
I am also interested to know how you can move a post and not the entire topic. Maybe it will just be manual, but still the most fair way to do it imho.

I'm sure its not currently supported but I don't believe it would be that hard to add it. Worse comes to worse it could be manual.
Quote:
I assume mods decision will be majority with veto ability by Elvis?

Sounds good to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: