ProfileProfile

Community

Forum Moderation Policy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also on the voting thing.

If the rule is clearly broken, there shouldn't need a vote. And if there needs to be a vote

1) Then the rule is vague and shouldn't exist or should be modified so that it's clear to everyone. If the moderators are unclear if something is breaking the rules, how do you expect the posters to know if they are breaking the rules?

2) It is repulsive to me that 4-5 other people are going to vote on my post, with my having no say on it.
underdog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fi wrote:
Also on the voting thing.

If the rule is clearly broken, there shouldn't need a vote. And if there needs to be a vote

1) Then the rule is vague and shouldn't exist or should be modified so that it's clear to everyone. If the moderators are unclear if something is breaking the rules, how do you expect the posters to know if they are breaking the rules?

2) It is repulsive to me that 4-5 other people are going to vote on my post, with my having no say on it.

The rule maybe vague, that is why something that is in question is voted on and discussed. Once a discussion on something is made, then any future matter will be dealt similarily, and will most likely be added to moderation policy.

The posters just need to use common sense.

Your 2) comment doesnt make all that much sense to me. Who says you have no say? You just start a thread and discuss it. There is no rule for deleting threads discussing deleting of threads.
Desmo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
And another point, do we want to make a decision on whether people should be allowed to post information on hacks and cheats in the forums? Does this cause more harm then good? (Does it cause any good?) Maybe a good topic for a poll.

Can I post in a recipe for Shark Vindaloo I have discovered?
I can do it in two versions, depending on who wants to read/moderate/delete it; with or without "profanity".

Desmo
HostileToy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fi wrote:
Heh, just cuz some other forum may have their toilet seat all shitty with a crappy moderation policy, and we only have our toilet seat half shitty, that doesn't mean we should just sit on it and be happy, let's get it all cleaned up and ensure free speech keeps flowing. Smile

Considering the moderation policy I pasted was from one of the largest, most used forums on the internet, I figure they are doing pretty damn good. I don't see people bitching at each other or flaming one another, I'm sure it happens, but definitely not like it does here. I am just saying that we are lucky to have such a lax moderation policy compared to some other forums, but there again you aren't using your brain and instead are taking thing totally the wrong way. I've said it before fi, I am pretty sure you are a smart guy, why don't you use your brain?

fi wrote:
Remember the phrase "sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can't"? On the .us IRC forum, personal threats are allowed toward anybody, even toward the ops and we don't have any problems at all. In fact, the irony is that because we allow people to say anything at all they want without fear of being kicked/banned (unless they flood), the discussion level seems to be much more civil and there seems to be lot less tension and hate and more respect toward each other then on .com.

I think that the only reason you are LRL's lackey, following his every footstep and eating up his every word is because you are pissed off that you had your op's removed. When technically you didn't have them to begin with, neither did LRL, you just happened to be auto-op'd by others who did in fact have op's. You're how old? Older then me and more others around here, I think it's time for you to maybe mature a little bit huh?

Like I said before; in regards to personal attacks on others as well as opís: "thatís not how real life works, go out and make a personal attack on a cop, I dare you."

Also the sticks and stones crap ... well you make it obvious that words hurt too - especially when you jumped down addbot's throat about the gay bar thing. I think you need to rethink that, or start practicing what you preach. I know full well that words hurt, and times can hurt more then being pelted with rocks or being beaten with sticks - or just plain out kicked in the head, as the case may be. Physical wounds heal fi, mental and emotional ones take longer, and thereís always the chance that they can fuck a person up forever.
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

underdog, what forum was that policy offa??? If we wurnt allowed to do flame attacks and talk about cheating and all that other shit....Our forum would get too few posts and some1 would start a new 1!!! Also, some pplz do nothing but amusing flame attacks, like SJ, for example. I agree wit Fi!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your 2) comment doesnt make all that much sense to me. Who says you have no say? You just start a thread and discuss it. There is no rule for deleting threads discussing deleting of threads.

Well, true, I can and probably would post a thread about the deleted thread/post if it includes mine. However, that's after the fact, my post would already be gone. I just find it repulsive that others would have the power to vote on whether to censor my post or not - and as we all know, voting is often-based upon popularity, politics, and the emotions of the day.
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah fi!! Any post i bother taking over 3 minits on i make a back-up copy of!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am just saying that we are lucky to have such a lax moderation policy compared to some other forums

Yes, I agree it is fortunate that Elvis has loosened the very tight restrictions this forum used to have - and we've seen the result by the explosions of dialouge and posts occuring here that are hidding among the flames. However, let's not make things half-shitty again just cuz this forum you go to is completely shitty in its moderation policy.

Quote:
but there again you aren't using your brain and instead are taking thing totally the wrong way. I've said it before fi, I am pretty sure you are a smart guy, why don't you use your brain?

Heh, an insult with a compliment in the middle to lesson the brunt of it. (in a hjgh pitch voice) Oh My, oh please moderators, please delete her post, she is offending me Oh So very Much, I am so heartbroken, I am going to cry, Please Save me from her personal attack! (/end of high pitch voice)

Quote:
I think that the only reason you are LRL's lackey, following his every footstep and eating up his every word is because you are pissed off that you had your op's removed.

Heh, nah, as I explained in the other post, I respect LRL because he had the guts and courage to do something no one has ever done before - use a policy that allows anyone to flame and cuss him on his own server. It takes guts and inner strength to do that, and LRL supriseds me by accepting the policy I wrote. Yeah he's got his personal faults, but hey, we've all got them.

Likewise, I like min a good bit - he is a very good bolo teacher, and I've had many many interesting conversations with him. While I respect his skill at contributing technical services to the winbolo community, I disagree strongly with his method of operating a channel and server, as he has known (or should have known) for a long time due to the many arguments we've had about it. Unfortunately for min, he takes my dissagreement with his policy too personal.

Quote:

You're how old? Older then me and more others around here, I think it's time for you to maybe mature a little bit huh?

Like I said before; in regards to personal attacks on others as well as opís: "thatís not how real life works, go out and make a personal attack on a cop, I dare you."

Again, more personal attacks from the one who believes there should be no personal attacks what-so-ever.

Quote:

Also the sticks and stones crap ... well you make it obvious that words hurt too - especially when you jumped down addbot's throat about the gay bar thing.

Heh, so making a joke that he must love us because he compares .us to a gaybar means I'm jumping down his throat? You gotta loosen u Liz and not take things so personal.

Quote:

I think you need to rethink that, or start practicing what you preach. I know full well that words hurt, and times can hurt more then being pelted with rocks or being beaten with sticks - or just plain out kicked in the head, as the case may be. Physical wounds heal fi, mental and emotional ones take longer, and thereís always the chance that they can fuck a person up forever

Nah you only fuck yourself up if you take what people say too seriously and too personal.

Last edited by fi on Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sticks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A problem which plagues this forum is the demographics of the players, most notably the ages. Such is the case, its difficult to find a common ground among players on a topic which relates to what should be tolerated and what shouldn't.

Some players just don't know better while others are attention whores and still others just like to cause trouble. The only reason I believe this place needs to be moderated is because of the attention grabbing people and the ridiculously obnoxious posts. These forums are barely worth reading anymore. Once in awhile someone posts something relevant or informational but not often enough, in my opinion.
fi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sticks wrote:
A problem which plagues this forum is the demographics of the players, most notably the ages. Such is the case, its difficult to find a common ground among players on a topic which relates to what should be tolerated and what shouldn't.

Some players just don't know better while others are attention whores and still others just like to cause trouble. The only reason I believe this place needs to be moderated is because of the attention grabbing people and the ridiculously obnoxious posts. These forums are barely worth reading anymore. Once in awhile someone posts something relevant or informational but not often enough, in my opinion.

Well, I find it relatively easy to skip all the posts (and threads) by the people who I know will write silly and stupid stuff, and go on and read posts by people who can post coherent stuff. [DISCLAIMER to everyone reading this: Just because I have responded to your post, does not neccessarly mean I think it was coherent Razz]

The underlying problem with trying to censor or trying to remove the posts that are stupid and silly, is that at the same time, it will prevent and discourage people from posting those posts that are a true gem.
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love these flame wars today!!!!! Btw, ya!!! IF u don't wanna read a post, don't! It's that simple!
fi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ud wrote in another thread:

Quote:
. so now the ops on #winbolo are cops? wtf. a lot of them are little punks that have played less winbolo and are younger than me, and now i gotta respect their awthoritie cuz they have a @? give me a break. "

That is something similiar to how I feel too about giving selected mods the power to vote on a post of mine.
Min

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fi wrote:

Yes, I agree it is fortunate that Elvis has loosened the very tight restrictions this forum used to have - and we've seen the result by the explosions of dialouge and posts occuring here that are hidding among the flames. However, let's not make things half-shitty again just cuz this forum you go to is completely shitty in its moderation policy.

hold up there a second bigguy .... "very tight restrictions" ? .... wtf? ... before this forum had no moderators .... then elvis added 2 .. me and killjoy ... total between us we deleted 4 posts, maybe 5, that all had "die sticks" as the entire point of the post ..... thats tight restrictions? ... you brought this whole bullshit forum policy on yourself .... before we had none, now we have one .. its becuase of YOU that we do .. and its becuase of YOUR actions that I think your a backstabbing jerkface ... along with lrl ... so if you don't like how we as a community build this forum policy that was needed due to your bitching and complaining .... cram it up your ass. personally I think before elvis even implemented the first forum he should have written a policy of this nature or used one from a different forum, that way you little bitchs wouldn't think that your being oppressed. its like going from a society that allows armed robbery and killing of innocent people to a society that jails people who do that ... oh no ... we're being oppressed! ..... grow up ....

Min
wonka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Min wrote:
fi wrote:

hold up there a second bigguy .... "very tight restrictions" ? .... wtf? ... before this forum had no moderators .... then elvis added 2 .. me and killjoy ... total between us we deleted 4 posts, maybe 5, that all had "die sticks" as the entire point of the post ..... thats tight restrictions? ... you brought this whole bullshit forum policy on yourself .... before we had none, now we have one .. its becuase of YOU that we do .. and its becuase of YOUR actions that I think your a backstabbing jerkface ... along with lrl ... so if you don't like how we as a community build this forum policy that was needed due to your bitching and complaining .... cram it up your ass. personally I think before elvis even implemented the first forum he should have written a policy of this nature or used one from a different forum, that way you little bitchs wouldn't think that your being oppressed. its like going from a society that allows armed robbery and killing of innocent people to a society that jails people who do that ... oh no ... we're being oppressed! ..... grow up ....

Min

I don't know what all happened, but seeing gas thrown on the pile doesn't help any.
Min

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonka wrote:

I don't know what all happened, but seeing gas thrown on the pile doesn't help any.

guess that depends on what your trying to "help" ... and besides .. if there isn't a little gas throwing ... whats the fun?

Min
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: