RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

Passwords for WinBolo Servers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
underdog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would defeat the purpose, wouldnt it? the object it to not let people who are banned see the server passwords.
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

underdog wrote:
that would defeat the purpose, wouldnt it? the object it to not let people who are banned see the server passwords.

We don't need to ban anyone. And there is ALWAYS a way for the person to keep playing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
underdog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats like saying there is ALWAYS a way to crash the server. or there is ALWAYS a way to slip anthrax into your mail.... whats your point?

anything that is geared towards cheating, bypassing, hacking, has no place on the public forum. it makes no sense to.

thats like me going to a shareware game site and posting the serial number and reginstration. or how about i go to the microsoft help forum and put up a bunch of cd keys? wont that make me a winner
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and max, stfu might i add.....you're the real reason we need mods...................
LRL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think it was inappropriate for min to post about ban walking. I thank ud for deleting it.

However, should that turn into a problem, access can be done by allowed hosts only.
Madd Maxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LRL wrote:
Personally I think it was inappropriate for min to post about ban walking. I thank ud for deleting it.

However, should that turn into a problem, access can be done by allowed hosts only.

Min, could u plz teach me the ancient, sacred art of ban walking? (by email)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dudley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the passwords link doesn't show the correct password anymore, "pizza" came up as incorrect.

rgds,

Duds
LRL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be working fine for me. You may want to check an make sure the page isn't cached.
Min

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LRL wrote:

so, when I delete one of your posts, you freak out, but when ud deletes one of mine .. its ok? ... thats the standard definition of hypocrite.

Min
Min

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

underdog wrote:
thats like saying there is ALWAYS a way to crash the server. or there is ALWAYS a way to slip anthrax into your mail.... whats your point?

anything that is geared towards cheating, bypassing, hacking, has no place on the public forum. it makes no sense to.

thats like me going to a shareware game site and posting the serial number and reginstration. or how about i go to the microsoft help forum and put up a bunch of cd keys? wont that make me a winner

guess what, its stated in the policy that your NOT ALLOWED TO DELETE POSTS .... fuck, your an idiot... you don't decide what has a place on this forum, its supposed to an "open forum for discussion" if we're not allowed to openly display problems with the way things are done .. how will it ever get fixed? ... hiding the problem won't fix it ... your just pissed off about the other night on irc, strange my post was on the forums for a few days before you deleted it .. and only did so after that irc conversation ... can we say "revenge" ...

Min

Min
Min

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

due to this communities double standards, I wish for my mod status to be removed, I feel I can't properly moderate anything on this forum when the rules are not explicitly stated and certain people feel this gives them freedom to do whatever they like becuase its not stated they can't.

Thank you

Min
Suicide Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"revenge" I can say it to!
HostileToy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I see it, UD deleted Min's post because Min and I ruffled his feathers the other day. If that hadn't happened he probably would have never deleted the post in order to slight Min. This seems to be a case of revenge, but I believe that if UD were to un-ignore certain people that this whole mess may be able to be solved a little more peacefully, and a whole lot less publicly.
LRL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would there be any sort of legal obligation or something of unforeseen actions one would have to take in accordance with taking donations for a service

Honestly min, grow up a bit, you represent winbolo.net being a moderator, yet you act almost completely dz like lately. Since you feel the need to change the topic of this thread to your personal problems and image concerns. I think we have seen what is revealed as your true color. You say you’re leaving to gain sympathy them come back and say I left IRC but am still part of the community and this forum. Yet you said “I shall take my final leave of winbolo” on a thread on this very forum. That in it’s self is hypocritical behavior. My problem with you deleting things, is simply you just did it damn anything or anyone else. I fail to see how that intertwines with this.

Min, you should have used better judgment before even giving anyone the idea of a ban walk intuitive. One should not be in the position to moderate others when one cannot do so upon themselves.

I might be “the standard definition of hypocrite” but then again, you were supplying others with the potential to abuse a service of mine. I for one am damn glad it was deleted. UD did actually took responsibility and accountability for his actions; I did not see you doing so before…

I don’t think UD did any of it as revenge. UD said “information that shouldnt be disclosed was removed from post” wasn’t the same done for the hack and cheat threads?

OK, here you go min, another thread all about you and your image, I hope you like it.
Min

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LRL wrote:

Honestly min, grow up a bit, you represent winbolo.net being a moderator, yet you act almost completely dz like lately. Since you feel the need to change the topic of this thread to your personal problems and image concerns. I think we have seen what is revealed as your true color. You say you’re leaving to gain sympathy them come back and say I left IRC but am still part of the community and this forum. Yet you said “I shall take my final leave of winbolo” on a thread on this very forum. That in it’s self is hypocritical behavior. My problem with you deleting things, is simply you just did it damn anything or anyone else. I fail to see how that intertwines with this.

I removed the threads I did becuase maddmaxx was threatening sticks's life .... if thats "just did it damn anything or anyone else" then I think you have some serious problems with understanding written language. You don't listen to what I say so the google language example was a little wake up call. guess what, there are hundreds of similar things availiable, anyone can find them. sorry for caring enough to point out a major flaw in your judgement ... for awhile there I figured this was all about improving the community .. I guess not huh?

LRL wrote:

Min, you should have used better judgment before even giving anyone the idea of a ban walk intuitive. One should not be in the position to moderate others when one cannot do so upon themselves.

you should have used your brain before posting passwords on a website that is publicly accessable, defeating the whole purpose of having the passwords, which brings us back to the original arguement .. why not just remove them and offer the custom password game option? ... its not my fault you don't listen unless I club you on the head with it.

LRL wrote:

I might be “the standard definition of hypocrite” but then again, you were supplying others with the potential to abuse a service of mine. I for one am damn glad it was deleted. UD did actually took responsibility and accountability for his actions; I did not see you doing so before…

well, you were providing a service that allowed potential abuse of other peoples services (moesers bot and sheeps bot) .... and guess what .. *points to the moderator list* underdog's moderator status is removed as of this writing, I think that means elvis has displayed his opinion of this matter.

LRL wrote:

I don’t think UD did any of it as revenge. UD said “information that shouldnt be disclosed was removed from post” wasn’t the same done for the hack and cheat threads?

you obviously have no idea what was said on irc that night, until you do, don't be so presumptious to think you can talk about like you know whats going on.

LRL wrote:

OK, here you go min, another thread all about you and your image, I hope you like it.

well lrl, your sadly mistaken about this, I could care less about anything but making the winbolo community a better place to be. which is why I left irc .. much better without me isn't it?

Min
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: