Originally written by fi, edited by LRL, with credit to Kax for inspiring this policy.
that right there makes it not worth reading.......if everyone followed your 3 examples.......one would not join a server when he didn't have ops.......one would just buy more domains and start his own server and start trying to pull normal users away....and the other would just be normal......maybe get alil gay once in awhile.........but no........the three blind mice should not be writing policy's.
That's nonsensical. You suggest that if everyone acted like me, no one would join a server on which he didn't have ops. That's fascinating given that: (1) I'm on .com as much as .us, as is LRL; (2) I never requested ops on .us, which ought to suggest that that's not why I went there; and (3) I've been given ops on .com a couple of times and have de-op'd myself each time. You're clearly oblivious to the sarcasm contained in my constant requests for ops, which are only only meant to attract flames.
There are really two ironies at work here. The first is that, by flaming in hopes of proving your point, you're proving the opposite, namely that people who don't want to deal with flames might want to avoid some personalities on .com.
The second is, of course, that your flames in favor of .com, expansive admin privileges, and the like are precisely the sort of thing that wouldn't be tolerated under the system you support. It's a rather odd argumentative tactic to take a position that amounts to stating: "I'm right, because people like me shouldn't be allowed to say things like this."
Having said that, I personally think flames are about the only useful thing being posted these days, and I'm looking forward to the next installment. But if you're going to lump me in with your other targets -- I'm not sure, given your charitable statement that you've decided I'm not really the problem -- c'mon, man, give me something to work with.
Kax
p.s. OP, er, I mean FLAME ME!!!